The following awards or other notable achievements have recently occurred:
- September 2017 National Weather Association Annual Meeting – Stephen Corfidi received the Special Lifetime Achievement Award.
- American Meteorological Society 2018 Fellow Alexander Ryzhkov awarded in August 2017.
- July 2017 17th American Meteorological Society Mesoscale Conference 2nd place oral presentation winner: Hristo Chipilski
- June 2017 Association for Talent Development One to Watch program honoree: Megan Taylor
- April 2017: Randy Peppler OU Student Government Association Outstanding Faculty Member of 2017
- March 2017 Emerging Training Leader by Training Magazine: Megan Taylor
- March 2017 AMS’ 7th Transition of Research to Operations Conference student competition poster presentation winner: Katie Wilson
- March 2017 AMS’ 7th Transition of Research to Operations Conference student competition poster presentation winner: Makenzie Krocak
- 2017 Associate Editor for AMS’ Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology: Sebastian Torres