- April 2018: Research Associate Megan Taylor honored as NOAA Team Member of the Month for serving as a critical member of the National Weather Service Office of the Chief Learning Officer team
- February 2018 AMS’ 8th Transition from Research to Operations first place oral presentation winner for “Developing and Testing Watch-scale Forecast Products in the FACETs Paradigm:” Makenzie Krocak
- January 2018 the National Weather Association Greg Stumpf as a council member
- January 2018, Dale Morris serve as a National Weather Association NWA Professional Development committee.
- January 2018 AMS Aerosol-Cloud-Climate Symposium student presentation competition oral presentation winner: Siddhant Gupta.
- January 2018 AMS’s 17th Conference on Artificial and Computational Intelligence and its Applications to the Environmental Sciences student competition second place oral presentation winner: David Harrison.
- January 2018 AMS PECAN Symposium student competition first place poster presentation winner: Hristo Chipilski.
- September 2017 – The College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences awarded Randy Peppler the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- September 2017 – The College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences awarded Randy Peppler the Dean’s Award for Outstanding Service.
- September 2017 National Weather Association Annual Meeting – Katie Vigil with the National Weather Service Operations Proving Ground, located at the NWS Training Center in Kansas City, received the National Weather Association Larry R. Johnson Special.
- September 2017 National Weather Association Annual Meeting – Stephen Corfidi received the Special Lifetime Achievement Award.
- American Meteorological Society 2018 Fellow Alexander Ryzhkov awarded in August 2017.
- July 2017 17th American Meteorological Society Mesoscale Conference 2nd place oral presentation winner: Hristo Chipilski.
- June 2017 Association for Talent Development One to Watch program honoree: Megan Taylor.
- April 2017: Randy Peppler OU Student Government Association Outstanding Faculty Member of 2017.
- March 2017 Emerging Training Leader by Training Magazine: Megan Taylor.
- March 2017 AMS’ 7th Transition of Research to Operations Conference student competition poster presentation winner: Katie Wilson.
- March 2017 AMS’ 7th Transition of Research to Operations Conference student competition poster presentation winner: Makenzie Krocak.
- 2017 Associate Editor for AMS’ Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology: Sebastian Torres.
- 2016 AMS Conference on Mountain Meteorology “Service to the Society” Award: Heather Reeves
- 2016 Yoshi Sasaki Award for Best M.S. Publication: Katie Bowden
- 2016 National Weather Association Rod Scofield Award to Katie Bowden
- Best Paper Award for 7th Annual TBPG workshop: Chris Karstens
- 1st Place Winner, OU Student Research and Creativity Day: Katie Bowden
- McNair’s Choice in Science Award, OU Student Research and Creativity Day: Race Clark
- 3rd Place Winner, 14th Conference on Artificial and Computational Intelligence and its Applications to the Environmental Sciences Student Competition: Ryan A. Lagerquist, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK; and A. McGovern, V. Lakshmanan, and T. M. Smith
- 2nd Place Winner, 28th Conference on Climate Variability and Change: Mallory Paige Row, CIMMS/Univ. of Oklahoma, Norman, OK; and S. M. Cavallo and D.D. Turner
- Honorable Mention, 11th Symposium on Societal Applications: Policy, Research and Practice (11SOCIETY) Student Competition: David Harrison, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK; and C. D. Karstens
- Second Place Winner, oral presentation category at the EIPT Conference Student Competition: Greg Blumberg
- 3rd Place Winner, EIPT Conference Student Competition – AMS Annual Meeting: Tomer Burg, REU Student (Kim Elmore, Heather Grams)
- 2nd Place Winner, student oral presentation category 14th Symposium on the Coastal Environment: Sam Bush, Master’s student in OU’s Civil Engineering and Environmental Science program, funded through CIMMS by Sea Grant
- 1st Place Winner, Oral Presentation Category in the EIPT Conference Student Competition at the AMS Annual Meeting: Katie Bowden
- Group award to CIMMS- Travis M Smith, Valliappa Lakshmanan, Gregory J. Stumpf, Kiel L. Ortega, Kurt Hondl, Karen Cooper, Kristin M. Calhoun, Darrel M. Kingfield, Kevin L. Manross, Robert Toomey, Jeff Brogden, Tiffany Meyer, Kevin Scharfenberg, Tony Reinhart, Brandon Smith, Chris Karstens, Holly Obermeier, Matt Mahalik, Clark Payne, Alyssa Bates, Jill Hardy, Chris Spannagle, Matt Taraldsen, Andy Wood, James LaDue, Robert Prentice and Matthew Elliot – received National Weather Association 2016 Larry R. Johnson Special Award
- 2016 Dean’s Award for Outstanding Service: Sebastian Torres, RRDD.
- Sebastian Torres was named Associate Editor for AMS’ Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology
- “30 Under 30” at Elliot Masie’s Learning 2015 Conference: Jill Hardy
- Best Graduate Student Oral Presentation at NWA Annual Meeting: Katie Bowden
- 1st Place, Graduate Poster Competition at NWA Annual Meeting: Race Clark
- 2nd Place, Graduate Poster Competition at NWA Annual Meeting: Galateia Terti
- Larry R. Johnson Special Award at NWA Annual Meeting: Awarded to Hazardous Weather Testbed team (CIMMS at NSSL)
- 2015 Dean’s Award for Outstanding Service: Andy Wood, WDTD
- Department of Commerce Silver Medal for engineering/science achievement: Awarded to Multi-Radar Multi-Sensor program (CIMMS at NSSL)
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE): Adam J. Clark (CIMMS at NSSL)
- 2014 Dean’s Award for Excellence in Research and Scholarship in the University of Oklahoma’s College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences: Adam J. Clark (CIMMS at NSSL)
- Young Scientist Travel Award, International Symposium on Data Assimilation, Munich, Germany: Corey Potvin (CIMMS at NSSL)
- Significant Paper Award – NSSL Director, January 2014: Kim Elmore, Zac Flamig, Valliappa Lakshmanan, Brian Kaney (all CIMMS at NSSL), Vicki Farmer (INDUS), Heather Reeves (CIMMS at NSSL), and Lans Rothfusz (NSSL), “mPING Crowd-Sourcing Weather Reports for Research”. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Early Online Release 2014. doi: 10.1175/BAMS-D-13-00014.
- Third place at the Institute of Industrial Engineers’ South Central Regional Conference Technical Paper competition (collaboration with Dr. Chen Ling, February 2014): Chris Karstens (CIMMS at NSSL)
- AGU Editor’s Award (Geophysical Research Letters), January 2014: Alexandre Fierro (CIMMS at NSSL)
- National Weather Associate Annual Meeting, October 2013: Best Graduate Student Oral Presentation – Ben Herzog; Best Graduate Student Poster Presentation: Race Clark (CIMMS at NSSL)
- College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences/National Weather Center Photo Contest, 2013: “Pure Oklahoma” – First and Second Place, Steve Martinaitis (CIMMS at NSSL), Honorable Mention, Brandon Sullivan (OU School of Meteorology); “World Travels” – First Place, Bethany Hardzinski (OU School of Meteorology), Honorable Mention, Steve Martinaitis (CIMMS at NSSL)
- AGU Annual Meeting, December 2013: Outstanding Student Paper Award: Sean Waugh (CIMMS at NSSL)
- 2011 OAR Outstanding Paper Award (Awarded in November 2013): Matt Kumjian and Alexander Ryzhkov (both CIMMS at NSSL) for “Storm-Relative Helicity Revealed from Polarimetric Radar Measurements”. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, 66, 667-685.