The following awards or other notable achievements have recently occurred:
- April 2021: CIMMS Associate Director Randy Peppler and Researcher Ken Kehoe received the University of Oklahoma Vice President for Research and Partnerships Annual Award for Excellence in Research Grants for their project with the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement User Facility (ARM).
- April 2021: CIMMS Associate Director Randy Peppler received the University of Oklahoma Environmental Stewardship Student Group Award for his outstanding work with the Environmental Sustainability Working Group.
- April 2021: CIMMS Research Associate Daniel Tripp received “Best M.S. Manuscript/Publication” from the University of Oklahoma School of Meteorology for his Master’s Thesis.
- March 2021: CIMMS Researcher Joseph Trujillo received 1st place overall in the AMS 2021 Societal Applications Symposium for the oral presentation entitled, “Creating Unifying Risk Messages En Español: Frameworks for Translation and Interpretation.”
- February 2021: CIMMS Researcher Dorothy Yemaa Na-Yemeh received the Jeanne X. Kasperson Student Paper Competition Award at the 2021 American Association of Geographers Annual Meeting for the paper titled, “Impacts of Extreme Weather on Military Installations in Oklahoma.”
- January 2021: CIMMS Researcher Jose E. Aguilar Escamilla won first place at the Student Competition at the 20th Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Environmental Science.
- January 2021: Kevin Thiel was awarded Student Presentation award for the AMS 10th Conference on the Meteorological Application of Lightning Data.